- Removal of microorganisms
- 99.9999% (LOG6) reduction of bacteria (Pseudomonas diminuta)
- 99.99% (LOG 4) reduction of viruses (MS2 coliphages) by mechanical means
- High membrane packing density: One of the industry’s smallest free volume in membrane elements
- 100% integrity testing on individual fibers
- Individual fiber repair
- Very good antifouling behavior
- Typical permeate quality:
- SDI < 3
- Turbidity < 0.1NTU
- Excellent chemical resistance:
- Wide pH range: 2 – 12
- High chlorine stability: maximum free chlorine 250 mg/l
- Typical high permeability: low energy consumption
The core of the XF40 Membrane Element is the single-fiber, inside-out filtration process that delivers a robust solution. Mode of operation is dead-end with regular backwash (permeate only) and chemically enhanced backwash. The Membrane Elements are operated horizontal and can be utilized in Pentair X-Flow's Xiga Solution.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
Potable water production
The X-Flow XF40 Membrane Elements provide superior separation performance and effective rejection of viruses and chlorine-resistant organisms such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia.
Process water production
The XF40 Membrane Elements offer an effective barrier to suspended solids and silt. The permeate can be used directly or, if salinity and dissolved solids are not within the required limits, the permeate can be fed to a downstream RO system.
The X-Flow XF40 are a reliable solution to meeting the highest standards for turbidity and microbiology. The polished effluent is ready for high- grade and unrestricted reuse applications.
Pretreatment for Seawater Reverse Osmosis systems
X-Flow's XF40 offer an effective barrier to suspended solids and silt. The almost total removal of suspended solids protects the SWRO from fouling.
|Membrane surface area
|Module dimensions (dxl)
8.7” x 1527.5 mm
|Hydraulic membrane diameter
|Nominal pore size
20 nm (0.02µm)